Despite reports announcing that production on “The Avengers” would be slamming on the breaks following a script leak, Marvel has now announced that the movie will continue filming on schedule.
Last week, several websites were contacted by an anonymous source offering to sell part of the script for the movie, and the website Obsessed With Film was provided with photos to prove the offer was authentic. The photos also confirmed that the script was assigned to Samuel L. Jackson, who will be reprising his role of Nick Fury.
The news was followed by a slew of reports all suggesting that production would be temporarily halted until re-writes could be carried out on the compromised scenes. Now though, Marvel has quashed the rumors and has confirmed that the movie is continuing as planned.
“Filming on ‘The Avengers’ is on schedule and going well,” a memo issued to IGN said.
Apparently the script that leaked, which included a sequence where Bruce Banner transforms into Hulk in front of Black Widow, was from an early draft of the movie and so the leak was not as bad as initially expected.
“My start date is still the same. I think it was a pretty old script, though,” Chris Hemsworth, who will reprise the role of Thor, told The Wall Street Journal. “I got off the plane the other day and I found that out, but I know that script changed a lot, so it’s not the most recent version of it anyway.”
“The Avengers” movie is considered a Marvel comic event and will tie together threads already put in place in “Iron Man,” “The Incredible Hulk,” “Iron Man 2,” “Thor,” and “Captain America.”
“The Avengers” remains scheduled for release on May 4, 2012.