AirlockAlpha.com

Your doorway to everything genre

@AirlockalphaNo twitter items loaded at the moment ...

Headlines

Ronald D. Moore: ‘Battlestar’ Emmy Snub Was ‘Criminal’

PLUS: Former series star says more BSG telemovies coming


Former “Battlestar Galactica” showrunner Ronald D. Moore had a message he wanted to deliver to those responsible for nominating actors in key categories: Shame on you.

Moore blasted the Emmys during a panel at San Diego Comic-Con about “Battlestar Galactica: The Plan” and the upcoming Syfy series “Caprica” Friday, describing the fact that key actors like stars Edward James Olmos and Mary McDonnell, along with a host of supporting players were completely overlooked once again.

“It’s a frakkin’ crime that in the entire run, the cast was never recognized for an Emmy,” Moore said. “It is criminal. We wouldn’t be talking about ‘Caprica’ if it was not for the ensemble of actors we put together on ‘Battlestar Galactica.'”

This past awards season was the final one the series would be eligible for, outside of its upcoming telemovie “The Plan.” Although there was some hope from critics that “Battlestar” would get some of the recognition that it was looking for, it didn’t get more than a handful of technical nominations as well as a directing nomination for Michael Rymer for his work on the series finale. “Battlestar” has received some mainstream nominations in the past, including a writing nod for Moore himself in 2007.

However, “Battlestar” has only ever won technical awards, two outstanding visual effects awards for Gary Hutzel and his team. While these are strong awards, many still believe that “Battlestar” should’ve received far more recognition above its groundbreaking special effects, which is a category typically won by genre shows.

Moore most recently has been busy with “The Plan,” which was written by Jane Espenson and directed by Edward James Olmos. The telemovie will dive into more of the series backstory, similar to what “Razor” did last year.

While some have speculated that this will be the end of the line for the “Battlestar” telemovies, Olmos said not to count out future projects just yet.

“Because of you, and all of you in here [the panel room at Comic-Con], because of the incredible love of what was created by Ron and by SciFi and Universal, and everybody that was doing this,” Olmos said. “I guarantee you, this will not be the last movie for ‘Battlestar Galactica.'”

“Caprica” premieres Jan. 22 on Syfy. “The Plan” will be available on DVD and Blu-ray Oct. 27.

Continue to read full coverage from San Diego Comic-Con on the BlipNetwork including Airlock Alpha, Inside Blip and Rabid Doll. Also, be sure to get instant Comic-Con coverage from all of our writers covering the event instantly by following us @ComicConAA on Twitter.

This post was created by a person without an author bio.

Could they be a gh...gh...gh...ghost? Rut-ro! Shaggy
COMMENTS ARE DISABLED Should we bring them back? Let us know on Twitter and Facebook

Media and Podcast

Features